Growth and Development
The purpose of the Growth & Development Committee is to:
- Engage groups so they grow in faith and in relationships as sisters in Christ.
- Engage all LCMS church workers and build relationships as we partner in spreading the Gospel.
- Encourage participation in LWML events and activities, involving women and church workers, and spreading awareness of LWML missions and service.
- Equip groups by providing resources that connect women with the mission and ministry of the LWML.
- Enjoy the benefits of Serving the Lord with Gladness!
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League has a 75-year history and part of that history is the LWML Pledge which reminds us of our reasons for being in mission and our pledge of commitment to our Lord. Use this responsive reading to reaffirm your groups’ commitment.
LWML Pledge — Responsive Reading
Even very young women know LWML is not a secret club! Check out what these two young women have to say at their own tea party.
Women in Mission University (WMU) is a tool to educate all people about the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. It consists of four sections that can be used individually in separate events, or all or some of the sections may be used together as a one-day event.
Using WMU is an ideal way to introduce LWML to LCMS women in your congregation, zone, or district who are not yet participating in the mission of the LWML. It’s also useful as a refresher for women who are already involved.
Each of the sections contain a PowerPoint and other helps.
Visit the WMU page to download
LWML 101: Back to the Basics of LWML
LWML 102: What to Do? What to Do!
Just a Cup of Coffee: Reaching Out
LWML 103: The Heart of LWML
LWML 104: Your LWML Designed 4 U
LWML … Why or Why Not?
A questionnaire for asking the why for LWML involvement. Use it to encourage membership and get feedback.
LWML … Why or Why Not? Questionnaire
LWML PowerPoint Templates
New templates are available for you to use for your presentations! Download them here.
The Time is Now
Comments, Questions, or Idea? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer (Romans 12:12).